Health Department To Host Annual Public Health Conference
WHEELING, WV – The Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department will host the annual Northern Panhandle Regional Public Health Conference on June 10, 2016, at the Wilson Lodge, Oglebay Resort and Conference Center. This year’s conference is sponsored by the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department and the Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
The annual Public Health conference will feature:
- Howard Gamble, MPH, WOCHD; Algae and the Water Supply
- Herb Linn, MS, WVU School of Public Health; NARCAN Programs in West Virginia
- Kevin Dixon, MS, MT (ASCP) SM, Camden Clark Memorial Hospital; PCR Testing
- Chief Deputy Drage Flick, Ohio County Sherriff’s Office; ALICE Program
- Michelle Atkins, AS, MOVHD; Pediatric Preparedness
- Frances Nicholson, MPH, Regional Epidemiologist; Rabies Vaccine
- West Virginia Office of Laboratory Services; Lab Packing Procedures
- Erice Dotseth, PhD, WV Entomologist; Lyme Disease
- Miguella Mark-Crew, PhD, Zoonotic Disease Epidemiologist; Zika Virus.
The conference is open to the public and free of charge. Registration starts at 8:00am and the conference will conclude at 4:30pm. The annual Public Health conference has been approved for 8.0 contact hours and 6.2 continuing Education Credit Hours for nurses (RN Provider # WV2005-0481RN).
Conference registration space is limited. For more information or to register contact Wayland Harris, Threat Preparedness Director, Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department at (304) 234-3682.