The City of Wheeling has issued a notice that on Friday, December 2, 2016 starting at 6:00pm there will be an interruption of the water service in the ELM GROVE area due to water main updates/replacement. After service is restored there will be a 48 hour boil order in effect.
The following addresses will be affected:
- 103, 122, 153-158, and 180-186 Idabelle Ave
- 139, 143 East Bethlehem Blvd
- 7-40 East Cove Ave
- Junior Ave. from Laurel Ave to Evelyn Ave
- All of Dorothy Ave
- All of Laurel Ave
- 52 and 63 Alberta Ave
- 148-142 East Bethlehem Ave
Water customers should not drink the water without boiling it first. Bring all water to a boil, let it boil for one minute, and let it cool before using or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, bathing and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.
The health department also recommends the following steps: Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water; Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking; Provide pets with boiled water after cooling; Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms; Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the problem has been corrected a Boil Water Lift Notice will be posted and it is then no longer necessary to boil water before consuming. The health department advises:
- flush the water lines at each fixture by allowing the hot & cold water to run for 3-5 minutes
- clean faucets and aerators
- purge water using fixtures and ice machines (including ice cubes made with tap water that had not been boiled during the boil order)replace or clean filters on faucet filtration systems
For more information contact the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department at (304) 234-3682.