1:00pm to 4:00pm @ Northwood Health Systems
Effective January 1, 2022, the WOCHD Needle Exchange Program closed until the program can be approved with the State of West Virginia. More information on the program and services will be coming shortly.
The Needle Exchange offers a 1 for 1 exchange of syringes in an effort to stop the spread of HIV and Hepatitis through the use of dirty syringes.
- HIV/AIDS education, testing and counseling
- Condom distribution to prevent sexual transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Referrals to substance abuse treatment and other medical and social services
- Distribution of alcohol swabs to help prevent abscesses and other bacterial infections
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and other infections
Exchange services are also offered during the health department’s Project HOPE (Homeless Outreach Program) clinics and as needed at the health department in the City/County Building, 1500 Chapline Street, 1st floor. For more information, call (304) 234-3682.Back to Calendar