6:30-8pm @ Schrader Environmental Education Center
The Schrader Environmental Education Center, in partnership with the Ohio County Master Gardeners, presents their 2019 “Public Garden Lecture Series” line-up!
To kick off the program series on March 25, “Ticks & Lyme Disease” will feature local veterinarian, Dr. Karl E. Yurko, and medical experts Dr. Thomas Wack, Jr. and Howard P. Gamble, as they discuss prevention, risk, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment for both humans and pets. Increase your awareness of ticks and the Lyme disease they can transmit during this informative program.
The program series continues through the spring with “Beneficial Birds & Insects” along with “The Buzz on Bees” program. Ending the series will be another lecture and workshop pairing, with “Bats” and “Building Bat Boxes.”
- Monday, March 25, 6:30-8pm: Ticks & Lyme Disease (led by Dr. Thomas Wack, Jr., Howard P. Gamble, & Dr. Karl E. Yurko)
- Monday, April 22, 7-8pm: Beneficial Birds & Insects (led by Bill Beatty)
- Monday, May 13, 7-8pm: The Buzz on Bees
- Monday, August 19, 7-8pm: Bats (led by Sheldon Owen)
- Saturday, August 24, 9-11am: Building Bat Boxes
There is a suggested donation of $5 per person for each lecture, and a cost of $10 per person for each workshop. All programs meet at the Schrader Environmental Education Center, located within Oglebay Park. For details and registration, please call the Schrader Center at 304-242-6855 or visit our website at https://oionline.com/classes/nature/.
Back to Calendar