9am to 4:30pm @ Cabela's Conference Room
Medical Reserve Corps training.
Enhancing Community Response to a Radiological Event workshop will give participants the knowledge and skills needed to safely respond to a public health crisis. Participants will:
- Understand different types of events or incidents that can occur at a nuclear power station
- Understand different types of radiation and how they effect the body
- Understand the purpose of KI (potassium iodide) and the effect it will have on the body
- Understand the legalities of isolation and quarantine related to KI
- Understand what the local response and roles are during a radiological event
- Understand the paperwork necessary during an event
- Have knowledge for the health department’s upcoming drill on May 9, 2016.
Free one day workshop. To register call the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department at (304) 234-3682 or e-mail [email protected] . Registration deadline is April 15, 2016 and seating is limited. Program will offer 8.4 nursing CEUs (WV2004-0455RN) and or a certificate of attendance for those participants other than nursing.Back to Calendar