The Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department is currently running COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics as well as COVID-19 Testing Clinics.
Vaccination Clinics are announced when vaccine has been released to the department or when the department has been notified by the State Health Department to vaccinate a specific group. If the department is asked to vaccinate a specific group, individuals maybe asked to register through their employer or state association. Eligible individuals will then receive an e-mail invite from CDC/VAMS to register and then directed to an open COVID-19 vaccination center.
As more vaccine becomes available, the department may hold mass vaccinations for groups (aged based or other determining factors). These clinics will be announced through standard media (local TV/Radio or Newspaper). At this time our current vaccination clinics are as follows:
WOCHD COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics.
- Saturday, January 2nd, final “First Responder” & Wheeling Health Right and other invitation based appointments vaccination clinic. Final 75 doses/Pfizer. Vaccination slots are still open, eligible participants can call (304) 234-3682 for an appointment.
- Monday, January 4th, staff will vaccinate at least two facilities that were not part of the LTC, nursing home/assisted living facilities. These are independent facilities that have 80+ residents living in communal settings. We have identified Mt. St. Joseph and Home For Men and are working on two others. These are not apartments. This will require 30 doses/Moderna.
- Tuesday, January 5th, Department will have a larger COVID vaccination clinic for Higher Education. This is an invitation based clinic. This will be 40 doses/Moderna. Anticipate additional vaccinations depending on supply and request from State, not sure amount or type.
- Wednesday, January 6th, Department will hold an 80+ vaccination clinic at the health department. Clinic will be announced on Monday, January 4th and participants will need to register as directed in the announcement. We anticipate using the remaining 70 doses/Moderna that were provided for county residents 80 years and older.
- Week of January 4th, second round of vaccinations.
We are waiting on word for the vaccinations of school teachers and other professional groups in the county.
WOCHD COVID Testing Clinics
Starting Monday, January 4th, and running until January 8th, the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department will hold free COVID-19 testing clinics at two locations in Ohio County.
WOCHD COVID Testing Clinics
11:00am – 4:00pm
Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove WV
Wheeling Island Fire Station, Station 5, 11 North Wabash Street
The free clinics are for those with or without symptoms and no insurance is needed. Participants need to bring a driver’s license, photo ID or other proof of address. No residency restrictions. Patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This is a drive-up testing clinic and participants will be tested either in their personal vehicles or at a walk-up location near the testing sites. This special clinic is being hosted by the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department and the Wheeling-Ohio County Emergency Management Agency. For more information call the Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department at (304) 234-3682.